Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sweden

ah well..

peace needs to return to this blogspot.. atleast till I get back to USA.. To the readers who follow me, the update is that I am in goteborg sweden.. I am here on a scholarship from government of Sweden and goal of the project at chalmers university of technology is to study the dynamics of VCSELs(sorry thats about what I can write here).. VCSELs are extremely small lasers which provide the advantage of photonic integration, low per unit production cost and easy of testing due to light coming out vertically from them.. Their applications range from local access communication networks to Photonic Intergrated Circuits and gas and pressure Sensors. As I venture from the world of Fiber optics to the world of semiconductors, this experience is very crucial for me to understand this new emerging class of semiconductor devices.

enough of the boring work details.. lets talk about Sweden.. Sweden is a beautiful country.. Not just the locales and the architecture and the paved streets but most people I have met with have beautiful hearts.. Be it my swedish advisor who came to pick me up at the airport, to my group members who are extremely supportive and forthcoming with help and guidance to small community of Indian Students here who are more warm and welcoming than anyone I have met at rochester NY... Its true as the number of Indians increase beyond a critical number, they tend to form clusters and become cold and distant!! you see this everywhere in America but not so in Sweden..

No comments: