Saturday, December 20, 2008

of completed projects, colliding realities and truth that is stranger than fiction

completed projects:
I am done with another semester at graduate school. It looks like a race half left rather than race half completed. It is not because i am pessimist but from the looks of it, i have more work to do from now than i have done until now in the same time period. Of all the projects that i intended to complete, I have come good on most of them. I now have a full flavor of grad school and truth be told i like it here professionally. My life here from office to ghar and ghar to office is peaceful with no obstructions. I do what i need to do and things happen accordingly. Personally however, there are somethings i dislike and some i really really dislike. But then again, the whole deal with the devil when i signed on this venture was that "against my personal life ( and lack/dislike of thereof) and a menial stipend, i agree to donate the next five years of my life to grad school." back then doing my own thing was so important to me that everything else looked meaningless. Now my own thing is about as important but other things are slowly becoming more and more important.

colliding realities:
I know its not very original but my way of seeing life is numbers and equations, Balance. I am a big fan of balance. I believe when new variables get introduced in the equation of life, they need to be balanced with newer variables still. Being an uncomplicated person, I am not a very big fan of adding new variables. Of late I have however learn that balance itself is not very intuitive. Life equation is not like equations i work with or atleast as simple. The thing with new variables is that they best be left alone. attempts to balance realities of life, however meager they may be are futile. all they end up doing is changing the equation itself.

truth that is stranger than fiction:

truth indeed is stranger than fiction. I always thought of this dialog as a rambling of a half ass old dude who has nothing to do but come up with random quotes of the day (no offense). Turns out this right here is one of the the most important take home message of life itself. Take home message in sense that assuming you get a second chance at life, this statement probably should be your guiding light. Truth is strange, very strange. Fiction you can predict. but truth is an unpredictable and unmeasurable reality that governs your everyday existence.

No comments: